[ADMIN] Missing Chunk Error when doing a VACUUM FULL operation - DB Corruption?

От Arjun Ranade
Тема [ADMIN] Missing Chunk Error when doing a VACUUM FULL operation - DB Corruption?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
We had some downtime recently and I thought it would be a good idea to do a periodic VACUUM FULL of one of our large Postgres DB's.

However, when I tried to attempt the VACUUM FULL, I saw the following error:

INFO:  vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_statistic"

vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "db1" failed: ERROR:  missing chunk number 0 for toast value 30382746 in pg_toast_2619

Given that pg_statistic is inessential data (it can be rebuilt by analyzing each table), I did a 'DELETE FROM pg_statistic;' which removed all the rows.  However, when I ran the VACUUM FULL again, I received the same error.

I also took a full base backup and restored it to another server.  On the restored server, I attempted the VACUUM FULL operation and it ran with no errors.

Does anyone know what this could point to?  Is my original database corrupt?  I have tried REINDEX on the pg_toast_2619 table and other solutions I have found around the internet with no success.

Thanks for any input you can provide.