Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql

От Rohit Goyal
Тема Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl.87@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am very new to postgresql. I want to know from where the Postgresql code
> start to run.
>
> Can you please specify me  the specific file in Postgresql?

Do you mean backend/main/main.c ?

Luca

If we have a table and btree index on it.
I would like to know what specific files and functions are called to insert data into index whenever I want to insert data into a table.

For example, if I insert a anew row into a table, then a new row in index will be inserted. I would like to know the sequential flow of functions or files called to insert data into a btree.

So, I thought I thought I have to understand the whole flow.
--
Regards,
Rohit Goyal

Сообщение: Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql
Сообщение: Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql