Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql

От Luca Ferrari
Тема Re: Request for information || Begining flow of postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Rohit Goyal <rhtgyl.87@gmail.com> wrote:

> For example, if I insert a anew row into a table, then a new row in index
> will be inserted. I would like to know the sequential flow of functions or
> files called to insert data into a btree.

First of all, this is not a topic for the novice mailing list, rather
for the hackers one.
By I warn you, before asking there, you should have a look at the
documentation about PostgreSQL for developers and try to attach a
debugger to a live session in order to see what is happening behind
the scene.
In the meantime start reading all the READMEs in the backend source
tree, have a look at PageAddItem in storage/page/bufpage.c and
_bt_doinsert in access/nbtree/nbtinsert.c, this should give you an
idea about your questions.

Luca