Re: Postgres code for a query intermediate dataset

От Rohit Goyal
Тема Re: Postgres code for a query intermediate dataset
Дата
Re: Postgres code for a query intermediate dataset  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Mark & Atri, :)

Thanks for reply. But, I think i confused you. I am talking about access using indexes. So, I assume that B+ tree store key-value pair where rohit is the key and all the versions are its value.

Another way to think is I have a secondary index on emp. name and there are 4 rohit exist in DB. So, now B+ tree gives me 4 different tuple pointer for each Rohit. I want to know the code portion for this where i can see all 4 tuple pointer before each one have I/O access to fetch its tuple.

Are the suggestions still valid?