Re: Tips/advice for implementing integrated RESTful HTTP API

От Björn Harrtell
Тема Re: Tips/advice for implementing integrated RESTful HTTP API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
FYI, got an initial implementation of http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/HTTP_API done in Java (intended to run as a servlet) at https://github.com/bjornharrtell/jdbc-http-server. Feedback is welcome :)

Regards,

Björn

On 02/09/14 04:47, Dobes Vandermeer wrote:

Same idea as PgBouncer or PgPool. The advantage over hacking
PgBouncer/PgPool for the job is that Tomcat can already do a lot of what
you want using built-in, pre-existing functionality. Connection pool
management, low level REST-style HTTP processing, JSON handling etc are
all done for you.

Yeah, those are nice conveniences but I still think installing Java and getting something to run on startup is a bit more of a hurdle.  Better maek life easier up front by having a simple standalone proxy you can compile and run with just whatever is already available on a typical AWS ubuntu environment.

    If instead of Tomcat you use Jetty, you can embed the whole app+Jetty+dependencies in a single executable JAR, which easies deployment a lot. Installing a JVM in a Ubuntu environment is just one apt-get and even easier if you use CloudFormation for automation. I don't think is a bad choice at all... you get most of the functionality you want already there, as Craig said, and it's lightweight.

    Hope it helps,

    Álvaro

Сообщение: Re: Postgres code for a query intermediate dataset
Сообщение: Re: Postgres code for a query intermediate dataset