Re: Warning when connecting from PSQL Command

От Harshad Adalkonda
Тема Re: Warning when connecting from PSQL Command
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:43 PM, danny <dinesh4202001@gmail.com> wrote:
New to Postgres please help

Warning console code page (437) differs from Window code page (1252) 8- bit
character might not work correctly. See psql reference page "Notes for
windows users" for details
Type "Help" for help

Postgres-#

When I type help it gives couple of commands

When I type

Postgres-# \c
It giives the above message again
Warning console code page (437) differs from Window code page (1252) 8- bit
character might not work correctly. See psql reference page "Notes for
windows users" for details

You are now connected to database "postges" as user "postgres"
postgres=#

does it mean am I connected and do my operations

Thanks,
Danny

Hi Danny,

Don't mind the warning message it will always shown when you connect to psql terminal.

\c is used to connect other database available in the cluster.

Syntax:

           \c database_name user_name

Example:

          \c test postgres