Re: Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?

От Harshad Adalkonda
Тема Re: Re: How do I install/run PostgreSQL 9.4 64 bit on Windows 7 Professional?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Andre_Mikulec <Andre_Mikulec@hotmail.com> wrote:

No, the server never starts.

As, I said; firewall disabled, secure essentials disabled, antivirus
disabled

I also made the following changes and retried

postgresql.conf
listen_addresses = '*'

pg_hba.conf
host        all             all             0.0.0.0/0               trust

Same response being produced by pg_ctl

LOG:  incomplete startup packet
LOG:  could not receive data from client: No connection could be made
because the target machine actively refused it.

This seems to be a DEEP problem.
Does any one in the WORLD run PostgreSQL on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit?

Hi Andre_Mikulec,

I have checked the PostgreSQLPortable-9.4.1.paf.exe which is also working fine with me on my windows 7 x64bit

If you still have the problem download the following postgresql 9.4.1 x64bit binaries and extract them at some location

now create new cluster/data directory with it.

Ex:

inintdb -D d:\PostgreSQL\9.4\data -U postgres

Start the newly created cluster

pg_ctl start   -D d:\PostgreSQL\9.4\data -l d:\PostgreSQL\9.4\data\log.txt

if any problem try to check logs available in log.txt file located in data directory or reply here with the logs.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Harshad Adalkonda