Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5

От Harshad Adalkonda
Тема Re: Replicating from 9.1.10 into 9.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:47 PM, Rob Cowell <rob.cowell@transversal.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to set up replication from a 9.1.10 master to  a 9.3.5 slave?
I've taken a base-backup from the master and rsync'd it over to the slave but I'm seeing the following error :

   HINT:  It looks like you need to initdb.
   FATAL:  database files are incompatible with server
   DETAIL:  The database cluster was initialized with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 903, but the server was compiled with PG_CONTROL_VERSION 937.

Would I be better off dumping the data from 9.1.10 and re-importing into 9.3.5, then starting replication ?
(or is there an easier way?) :)

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi Rob Cowell,

In PostgreSQL Streaming Replication can't be set in major versions, it is only possible in same version or minor version.

If you want to set up Replication in 2 major versions it can be done through Slony Replication, Londiste Replication.

Else you need to upgrade from 9.1 to 9.3 using

pg_dump & pg_restore - (easier way) but it will take more time if database size is huge.
pg_upgrade - less time but require more disk-space.
Slony replication - trigger based replication.
Londiste replication - trigger based replication but documentation is not that much clear.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Harshad Adalkonda