Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms

От Yuriy Zhuravlev
Тема Re: Is a modern build system acceptable for older platforms
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
this is not about having a working build environment, it is about having
a fully working and correct source tarball before distributing it as a
new release.

Sorry, I did not understand correctly it before.
I suppose it's not big problem especial if you have CI and tests farm.
And anyway in Postgres distcheck is handmade code and you can make the same script for CMake too:
https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres_cmake/blob/cmake/GNUmakefile.in#L111

and it's not working for windows. ;)
You should forget about Postgres as common Autotools project.