Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

От Shlok Kyal
Тема Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 6 Jun 2024 at 08:29, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
<kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Dear Shlok and Shubham,
>
> Thanks for updating the patch!
>
> I briefly checked the v5-0002. IIUC, your patch allows to copy generated
> columns unconditionally. I think the behavior affects many people so that it is
> hard to get agreement.
>
> Can we add a new option like `GENERATED_COLUMNS [boolean]`? If the default is set
> to off, we can keep the current specification.
>
> Thought?
Hi Kuroda-san,

I agree that we should not allow to copy generated columns unconditionally.
With patch v7-0002, I have used a different approach which does not
require any code changes in COPY.

Please refer [1] for patch v7-0002.
[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANhcyEUz0FcyR3T76b%2BNhtmvWO7o96O_oEwsLZNZksEoPmVzXw%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,