Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

От Shlok Kyal
Тема Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 20 Jun 2024 at 12:52, vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 at 21:43, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 19.06.24 13:22, Shubham Khanna wrote:
> > > All the comments are handled.
> > >
> > > The attached Patch contains all the suggested changes.
> >
> > Please also take a look at the proposed patch for virtual generated
> > columns [0] and consider how that would affect your patch.  I think your
> > feature can only replicate *stored* generated columns.  So perhaps the
> > documentation and terminology in your patch should reflect that.
>
> This patch is unable to manage virtual generated columns because it
> stores NULL values for them. Along with documentation the initial sync
> command being generated also should be changed to sync data
> exclusively for stored generated columns, omitting virtual ones. I
> suggest treating these changes as a separate patch(0003) for future
> merging or a separate commit, depending on the order of patch
> acceptance.

I have addressed the issue and updated the documentation accordingly.
And created a new 0003 patch.
Please refer to v9-0003 patch for the same in [1].

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANhcyEXmjLEPNgOSAtjS4YGb9JvS8w-SO9S%2BjRzzzXo2RavNWw%40mail.gmail.com

Thanks and Regards,
Shlok Kyal