Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

От vignesh C
Тема Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 at 21:43, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

> On 19.06.24 13:22, Shubham Khanna wrote:
> > All the comments are handled.
> >
> > The attached Patch contains all the suggested changes.
>
> Please also take a look at the proposed patch for virtual generated
> columns [0] and consider how that would affect your patch.  I think your
> feature can only replicate *stored* generated columns.  So perhaps the
> documentation and terminology in your patch should reflect that.

This patch is unable to manage virtual generated columns because it
stores NULL values for them. Along with documentation the initial sync
command being generated also should be changed to sync data
exclusively for stored generated columns, omitting virtual ones. I
suggest treating these changes as a separate patch(0003) for future
merging or a separate commit, depending on the order of patch
acceptance.

Regards,
Vignesh