Re: Review of patch renaming constraints

От Nikhil Sontakke
Тема Re: Review of patch renaming constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> And primary keys are anyways not inherited. So why is the conisonly
> field interfering in rename? Seems quite orthogonal to me.

In the past, each kind of constraint was either always inherited or
always not, implicitly.  Now, for check constraints we can choose what
we want, and in the future, perhaps we will want to choose for primary
keys as well.  So having conisonly is really a good step into that
future, and we should use it uniformly.

Agreed. And right now primary key constraints are not marked as only making them available for inheritance in the future. Or you prefer it otherwise?

Anyways, fail to see the direct connection between this and renaming. Might have to look at this patch for that.

Regards,
Nikhils