Re: [BDR] vs pgpool-II v3

От Wayne E. Seguin
Тема Re: [BDR] vs pgpool-II v3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you everyone for your replies, the thoughts and context are greatly appreciated!

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 13 August 2015 at 23:52, Wayne E. Seguin <wayneeseguin@gmail.com> wrote:

> The context of this is using BDR to implement a HA solution where we  have
> one node getting all connections at a time, if the node fails we move all
> connections to another node. (eg. only one node gets all connections at any
> given time).

This sounds like a job better suited to a normal active/standby
configuration with regular built-in streaming replication. Use a tool
like repmgr to manage failover and a proxy like pgbouncer to redirect
traffic.

There's no reason to use async multi-master replication when simple
single-master replication will do just as well.

--
 Craig Ringer                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/