Re: [BDR] vs pgpool-II v3

От Wayne E. Seguin
Тема Re: [BDR] vs pgpool-II v3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
(But thank you for the response!!!)

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Wayne E. Seguin <wayneeseguin@gmail.com> wrote:
The question is specifically about the replication feature mentioned here http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page for the purposes of failing over minimizing downtime.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

On 08/13/2015 08:52 AM, Wayne E. Seguin wrote:

"BDR is only one in Beta compare to stable options:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling.
Not sure why this solution would be chosen. Experience with pgpool is
that you only needed to change a port and no SQL changes required on an
application side."

I appreciate any input as to pros/cons of BDR vs PGPool-II v3 in this

BDR is async multi master. PGPool is largely just a connection pooler with load balancing (although it has other features). They play different sports.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  503-667-4564