Re: AWS DMS Expecting Logical Replication for Non RDS

От bala jayaram
Тема Re: AWS DMS Expecting Logical Replication for Non RDS
Дата
Re: AWS DMS Expecting Logical Replication for Non RDS  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Re: AWS DMS Expecting Logical Replication for Non RDS  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Team,

Any update on this please?

Thanks
Bala

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:44 PM, bala jayaram <balajayaram22@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

Recently we tried to migrate EC2/Postgres with Master/2Slave (Streaming Replication /Hot_standby) into Native RDS based server. But while we try to use Database Migration Service, our aim is to use one of slave as SOURCE for DMS , So AWS/DMS requires that in source machine to be with two parameters changed - max_replication_slot > 0 & wal_level = logical.  If i change those parameters in Slave, will the master will recognize slave with Logical streaming?  Am not sure master with Streaming Replication(Physical) will Sync with Slave with Logical Replication?

Also if change physical streaming to Logical Streaming, will there be any change in data blocks or data in postgres?

Thanks
Bala

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks