Re: [ADMIN] Using Views as Tables

От David L
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Using Views as Tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Yes I know. That's the point.

On 9 Jan 2017 1:46 a.m., "Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 8, 2017 at 11:35 AM, David L <segedunum@actuaria.co.uk> wrote:
> I agree that in theory this shouldn't happen as the query planner should be
> intelligent enough to take the base query out of the equation all together,
> but this happens on a server where there should be a plentiful supply of
> memory (32GB) and little enough activity that table data should remain
> cached.

I'm not sure you understand the underlying method for views in postgresql.

Select * from view;

is literally changed into

select * from (yourviewdef here).

I.e. the query planner does NOTHING different for a select from a view
than if you just run the query that makes the up the view by hand.

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Using Views as Tables
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Using Views as Tables