Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: WIP: System Versioned Temporal Table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 at 09:47, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 19 Sep 2021, at 20:32, Simon Riggs <simon.riggs@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> > My preferred approach would be to do this "for free" in the table
> > access method, but we're a long way from this in terms of actual
> > implementation. When Corey  suggested earlier that we just put the
> > syntax in there, this was the direction I was thinking.
> >
> > After waiting a day since I wrote the above, I think we should go with
> > (2) as Corey suggests, at least for now, and we can always add (3)
> > later.
>
> This patch no longer applies, are there plans on implementing the approaches
> discussed above, or should we close this entry and open a new one when a
> freshly baked pathed is ready?

As I mentioned upthread, there are at least 2 different ways forward
(1) and (2), both of which need further work. I don't think that
additional work is impossible, but it is weeks of work, not days and
it needs to be done in collaboration with other thoughts on other
threads Corey refers to.

I have no plans on taking this patch further, but will give some help
to anyone that wishes to do that.

I suggest we Return with Feedback.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/