Re:

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 at 14:17, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 24, 2021, at 2:18 AM, Firthouse banu <penguinsfairy@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please do let me know best tool for this I have 5 servers all should be in sync with data.
>
> Have you analyzed what data conflicts will occur and how to resolve them?

Which makes it sound like a problem exists, so I think some additional
information is needed for a balanced assessment.

BDR has facilities that allow you to find out whether any conflicts
occur for an application, so it is easy to assess this. Conflicts that
do occur are resolved automatically using programmable rules, yet
logged for later assessment. Data quality tools allow you to confirm
no anomalies exist in realtime.

Any conflicts that occur would be as a result of 1) data access
patterns, 2) choice of consistency, 3) how transactions are routed to
nodes. It isn't random and many applications are naturally conflict
free, even with randomly routed transactions.

If you use BDR using the AlwaysOn architecture then all transactions
are routed via a single node and no conflicts occur in normal running.
Depending on how failover is achieved, there may be a small window for
conflicts.

--
Simon Riggs                http://www.EnterpriseDB.com/