3 disks configured RAID 0 over 10 disks configured in RAID 5 (self replicating SAN)

От Rene Romero Benavides
Тема 3 disks configured RAID 0 over 10 disks configured in RAID 5 (self replicating SAN)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for your attention.
What would you choose for a postgresql installation: 3 disks configured with RAID 0 (in a self replicating SAN) over 10 disks configured with RAID 5 (also in a self replicating SAN) , we have space constraints that prohibit us from choosing RAID 1+0.
I've been persuaded to choose RAID 5, because writes and parity computation will be spread over 10 disks compensating write overhead providing a better level of data security.

Do you think it was a good decision? Any comment will be appreciated. Have a good day.

--
El genio es 1% inspiración y 99% transpiración.
Thomas Alva Edison