8.4 to 9.4 migration - recommended practices

От Leonid Rozenblyum
Тема 8.4 to 9.4 migration - recommended practices
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello!

I'm working on migrating a single database from cluster of postgresql
8.4 db to 9.4.

I'm using pg_dump & pg_restore from 9.4 version.

I'm using a limited account to dump/restore the data (NOT postgres user)

During pg_restore I get 2 kinds of errors:

1)
Lack of permissions:

 pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1070; 2612 37119
PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be
owner of language plpgsql
    Command was: CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;

2) Absense of a function:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  function
public.plpgsql_call_handler() does not exist
    Command was: ALTER FUNCTION public.plpgsql_call_handler() OWNER TO postgres;

Are both kinds of errors worth to worry about?
Thanks for any advice!