Re: Use Dblink without column defination

От Chirag Karkera
Тема Re: Use Dblink without column defination
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Team,

Any update on this?

Thank You.

Regards,
Chirag Karkera

On Mon, 23 May, 2022, 1:46 pm Chirag Karkera, <chiragkrkr102@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

Appreciate your time to look into this.

To select from another database I try to use dblink or fdw extension of Postgres, like this:

mesods =>CREATE EXTENSION dblink;

CREATE EXTENSION

mesods => CREATE EXTENSION postgres_fdw;

CREATE EXTENSION

mesods=> select dblink_connect('conn_db_link','foreign_server') ;

 dblink_connect

----------------

 OK

(1 row)

mesods=> select * from dblink('foreign_server','select * from ods_sch.emp') AS x(a int,b text);

 a |    b

---+---------

 1 | Gohan

 1 | Piccolo

 1 | Tien

(3 rows)

This works fine when I specify which columns I want to select.

Is there something that postgres has without specifying the column names we can fetch the data from dblink.

Awaiting your reply.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chirag Karkera