Re: Build-farm - intermittent error in 031_column_list.pl

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Build-farm - intermittent error in 031_column_list.pl
Дата
Re: Build-farm - intermittent error in 031_column_list.pl  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 21, 2022 at 9:03 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 4:01 PM Tomas Vondra
> <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, we'd probably have to ignore RelationSyncEntry for a while, which
> > seems quite expensive.
> >

> Yet another option could be that we continue using a historic snapshot
> but ignore publications that are not found for the purpose of
> computing RelSyncEntry attributes. We won't mark such an entry as
> valid till all the publications are loaded without anything missing. I
> think such cases in practice won't be enough to matter. This means we
> won't publish operations on tables corresponding to that publication
> till we found such a publication and that seems okay.

Attached, find the patch to show what I have in mind for this. Today,
we have received a bug report with a similar symptom [1] and that
should also be fixed with this. The reported bug should also be fixed
with this.

Thoughts?

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CANWRaJyyD%3D9c1E2HdF-Tqfe7%2BvuCQnAkXd6%2BEFwxC0wM%3D313AA%40mail.gmail.com