duplicate key value violates unique constraint "tableName_pk"

От Saravanan Nagarajan
Тема duplicate key value violates unique constraint "tableName_pk"
Дата
Re: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "tableName_pk"  (Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi ,

I am using "Copy From" while dumping bulk data into PGSQL DB from file.
While I am trying to insert the rows, if the primary key already exists,
the complete transaction terminated.

Postgres cannot handle the constraint violations , i found it into
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/COPY#Caveats_with_implementation .

Is there any possible way to insert bulk data using "Copy From" with
REPLACE/IGNORE duplicates.

Thanks & Regards

Saravanan.