Re: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "tableName_pk"

От Pavan Deolasee
Тема Re: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "tableName_pk"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 4:51 PM, Saravanan Nagarajan <n.saravanan86@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am using "Copy From" while dumping bulk data into PGSQL DB from file.
> While I am trying to insert the rows, if the primary key already exists,
> the complete transaction terminated.
>
> Postgres cannot handle the constraint violations , i found it into
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/COPY#Caveats_with_implementation .
>
> Is there any possible way to insert bulk data using "Copy From" with
> REPLACE/IGNORE duplicates.

Did you look at http://pgbulkload.projects.pgfoundry.org/pg_bulkload.html ?
That advertises to have the features that you are looking for. I would
expect pg_bulkload to also perform equal if not better than COPY command.

Thanks,
Pavan