Re: Fault injection framework

От Asim R P
Тема Re: Fault injection framework
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 6:57 PM Asim R P <apraveen@pivotal.io> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 12:35 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> >
> > Things like exec_fault_injector_command() need to be more documented.
> > It is hard to guess what it is being used for.
>
> Added a comment to explain things a bit.  Hope that helps.  And as mentioned above, I'm working on a test case to demonstrate this feature.

After learning a bit of Perl, I have a TAP test to share.  The test validates that a commit on master waits until a synchronous standby has flushed WAL up to or greater than the commit LSN.  The test demonstrates remote faultinjector interface to inject a fault on standby.  That's where exec_fault_injector_command() and related code is exercised.

Patch summary:
0001 - the original fault injector patch up thread with remote fault injection capability
0006 - TAP test that makes use of the remote fault injector API
Patches 0002-0005 are not included because they are not changed.

Asim
Вложения