Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows

От Alvaro Herrera from 2ndQuadrant
Тема Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-Sep-05, Tom Lane wrote:

> Alvaro Herrera from 2ndQuadrant <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> > Tsunakawa-san, there's been some discussion downthread.  Could you
> > please submit an updated version of the patch?  I would like to get it
> > pushed before beta4 next week, if possible.
>
> [ confused... ]  I haven't been paying attention to this thread,
> but is it really something we'd push into v12 at this point?

Well, IMV this is a backpatchable, localized bug fix.  I was thinking it
would be better to get some coverage in the upcoming beta, where it can
be fixed without too much harm if there are problems with it, before
backpatching further.  But if even that is considered too dangerous, I
guess we could put it in master for a while, and consider a backpatch
later.