Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [bug fix] Produce a crash dump before main() on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera from 2ndQuadrant <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> On 2019-Sep-05, Tom Lane wrote:
>> [ confused... ]  I haven't been paying attention to this thread,
>> but is it really something we'd push into v12 at this point?

> Well, IMV this is a backpatchable, localized bug fix.

I dunno.  This thread is approaching two years old, and a quick
review shows few signs that we actually have any consensus on
making behavioral changes here.  If there is any consensus,
it's that the SetErrorMode calls should depend on checking
pgwin32_is_service(); but we haven't even seen a patch that
does that, let alone tested it.  I think we're way too close
to beta4 wrap to be considering pushing such a patch the moment
it appears.

BTW, I also violently dislike taking Windows-specific stuff out of
startup_hacks where it belongs and putting it into main() where
it doesn't.  I think the entire Windows bit in front of get_progname
should migrate into startup_hacks.  Surely the odds of failure
inside get_progname are not worth worrying about --- they seem
significantly less than the odds of failure inside
pgwin32_is_service(), for instance.