Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Hemil Ruparel
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have no problems if there are one or two questions which are exactly the same. I give them the benefit of doubt. What I won't tolerate are entitled people who think we work for them for free and that they are entitled to receive and answer.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 11:45 AM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> On Jan 15, 2021, at 22:10, Hemil Ruparel <hemilruparel2002@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I fear that mailing lists become like quora.

pgsql-general is almost old enough to drink. :)  The very first message I could find with a reliable date is from 31 May 2000.  I think after nearly 21 years, we don't have much to worry about in that regard.

That message also includes the statements:

> What you are asking for is replication, which is not easy to implement, and almost damn impossible to get it RIGHT.

and

> Now, what is WAL? When is it scheduled for implementation?

... which is pretty wild all by itself.
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?