Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Jan 15, 2021, at 22:19, Hemil Ruparel <hemilruparel2002@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have no problems if there are one or two questions which are exactly the same. I give them the benefit of doubt.
WhatI won't tolerate are entitled people who think we work for them for free and that they are entitled to receive and
answer.

I suppose it would be rude to point out that PostgreSQL list style is to not top-post?  I have to say, if you are going
tobe firm with people about etiquette...

If someone gets abusive about not receiving help (and it does happen, sadly), that's exactly the kind of thing the Code
ofConduct was designed for.  If they are seriously spamming the list, likewise.

For a lot of people, though, they just aren't familiar with list etiquette, do not have English as their first language
andare not clear what is being asked of them, or just don't know the resources out there.

I would assume they are acting in good faith.  If you politely point out resources to them and they get snappish, then
itcan become a CoC issue.  Otherwise, I think that being generous in what we receive and accurate in what we reply, as
withany protocol, is the right answer.
--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com

От: Hemil Ruparel
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?
От: Hemil Ruparel
Сообщение: Re: Do we need a way to moderate mailing lists?