Re: vacuum and table locking

От Payal Singh
Тема Re: vacuum and table locking
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
this may only take a couple of milliseconds as I think this builds a temporary table from the one
being vacuumed and then when complete, drops the old table and renames the temporary.

I think pg_repack does that, and hence can remove bloat without locking the whole table. https://github.com/reorg/pg_repack

Payal Singh,
Database Administrator,
OmniTI Computer Consulting Inc.