Re: SELECT Query on DB table preventing inserts

От Dan Scott
Тема Re: SELECT Query on DB table preventing inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 13:52, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
>        Dan Scott wrote:
>
>> the insert process is unable to insert new rows into the database
>
> You should probably provide the error message on insert or otherwise describe
> how it's not working. Normally reading does not unintentionally prevent
> writing in a concurrent session.

I've investigated a little further and it seems that they don't really
'fail'. Just start taking significantly longer to insert, and the
messages start backing up and eventually stop being sent because
they're not being acknowledged. I can see a few "WARNING:  pgstat wait
timeout" messages around the time that this is happening in the
syslog.

Thanks,

Dan