Re: One process per session lack of sharing

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: One process per session lack of sharing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12 July 2016 at 09:57, <AMatveev@bitec.ru> wrote:

We have faced with some lack of sharing resources.
So in our test memory usage per session:
Oracle: about 5M
MSSqlServer: about 4M
postgreSql: about 160М

Using shared resources also has significant problems, so care must be taken.

I think its clear that threading is out, but it is far from being the only solution to reducing the memory overhead of sharing.

Analysing the overhead and suggesting practical ways forward may help.