Re: a few thoughts on the schedule

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: a few thoughts on the schedule
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18 May 2015 at 23:34, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
On May 18, 2015, at 10:41 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> On 2015-05-19 11:34:49 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> +1 for moving it at least 1 month.
>
> 2015-06-15 also collides with pgcon, which probably isn't the best
> idea. I do think we should try hard doing a triage at the start of a CF
> and not many with experience in the project are going to have time
> around then.
>
> So, to where do we move it? We probably need to schedule at least the
> first CF now. Just to 2015-07-15? That'd leave us enough room to
> schedule the rest at pgcon.

Honestly, that seems awful soon.  I would have thought maybe August 15th.

We have this discussion every year, but I would like to skip that.

+1 to 2015-07-15 and then the same schedule as this release. Constant fine tuning the dates doesn't really help, it just creates the impression that discussion might make the dates flexible which works against us, even though I might otherwise agree with them.

That allows us to release in Sept, without conflicting with CFs.

I suggest we go Beta1 on June 1, so we can discuss any problems arising in person in Ottawa. It's quicker than normal, but if we've lost a month or two we should just skip the usual "open items" chase, which can be done in parallel with users finding and reporting real bugs.

Сообщение: Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)
Сообщение: Re: Problems with question marks in operators (JDBC, ECPG, ...)