Re: DRAFT 9.6 release -- is Final

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: DRAFT 9.6 release -- is Final
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 13 September 2016 at 13:22, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 13 September 2016 at 12:55, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> Given the lack of additional feedback, we're going to call the current
>> press release final.  Translation copies to be prepared by Thursday.
>
> What is the thing we are calling final?
>
> This looks still in progress... not just in name
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/96releasedraft
>
> Can we have a clear RC version go out, so we all agree what it actually will be?

I think we should mention that performance has been increased for
* two-phase commit
* replication apply
* aggregation (2)
* indexing (various)
* sorting (various)
* PL/pgSQL expressions
* text search

Improved planning

Improved interaction with kernel for performance

And we have removed a few of Postgres' common annoyances...
* vacuum freeze on large tables
* long-lived snapshots holding back vacuum
* idle in transaction timeout

Improved monitoring and security

Overall I'd call all of that fine tuning and attention to detail based
upon user feedback with regard to various negative use cases, leading
me to think that the system is Faster, Smoother and Easier to use.

Not sure which parts of that go in but suggest something like "Faster,
Smoother and Easier to use based upon feedback from our large user
base of high volume production databases." etc

Hope that helps. Thanks for writing the press release.

Сообщение: Re: DRAFT 9.6 release -- is Final
Сообщение: Re: DRAFT 9.6 release -- is Final