Re: On-demand running query plans using auto_explain and signals

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: On-demand running query plans using auto_explain and signals
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 30 November 2015 at 22:27, Julien Rouhaud <julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:

I registered as reviewer on this, but after reading the whole thread for
the second time, it's still not clear to me if the last two submitted
patches (0001-Add-auto_explain.publish_plans.patch and
0002-Add-SHM-table-of-contents-to-the-explain-DSM.patch) are still
needed reviews, since multiple refactoring ideas and objections have
been raised since.

I looked into it more deeply and decided partial EXPLAINs aren't very useful yet.

I've got some thoughts around that which I'll publish when I have more time. I suggest this is a good idea, just needs some serious committer-love, so we should bounce this for now.