Re: [HACKERS] gitlab post-mortem: pg_basebackup waiting for checkpoint

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] gitlab post-mortem: pg_basebackup waiting for checkpoint
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 26 February 2017 at 20:55, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> What do others think?

Changing the output behaviour of a command isn't something we usually
do as a backpatch.

This change doesn't affect the default behaviour so probably wouldn't
make a difference to the outcome of the situation that generated this
thread.

Having said that, if it helps others to avoid mistakes in the future
then its worth doing, so +1 to backpatch.

I've looked into changing the actual underlying behaviour and I don't
think its feasible, so making this change will at least allow some
responsiveness from us. Thanks Michael, Magnus.