Re: hot_standby_feedback default and docs

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: hot_standby_feedback default and docs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16 September 2015 at 15:37, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
On 9/16/15 1:12 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> Also, the documentation claims that this parameter requires a postmaster
>> restart, but the code thinks it's SIGHUP.  Which one is wrong?
>
> To which part of the documentation are you referring to? The parameter
> is SIGHUP as I recall and aimed to be such.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/runtime-config-replication.html#GUC-HOT-STANDBY-FEEDBACK

Those docs say "This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the server command line."

When a restart is required we say "This parameter can only be set at server start."
e.g. hot_standby

So the docs look correct.

IMHO the default is the best one at the current time. See recovery_min_apply_delay.
I've got some changes that I'd like to make once Kevin's snapshot too old patch has gone thru that might change that.