Re: Don'st start streaming after creating a slot in pg_receivexlog

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Don'st start streaming after creating a slot in pg_receivexlog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29 July 2015 at 12:51, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:

In short, I would propose the following:
- Have --create-slot only create a slot, then exit for both
pg_recvlogical and pg_receivexlog.
- Have --drop-slot drop a slot, then exit.

It makes more sense to create one new utility to issue replication commands than to enhance multiple utility commands to have bizarre looking additional features and modes.

pg_reputil --create-slot
pg_reputil --drop-slot
etc

though I prefer the idea of using psql and the already existing slot functions than doing all of this extra code that needs maintaining.

- Remove the --start switch in pg_recvlogical, and let the utility
start streaming by default.
By doing so both utilities will behave similarly with the same set of options.

+1

That way all the utilities have just one thing they do.

Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup and replication slots
Сообщение: Re: pg_basebackup and replication slots