Re: BUG #16730: Create table like with inheritance and self referencing index

От Sofoklis Papasofokli
Тема Re: BUG #16730: Create table like with inheritance and self referencing index
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have not done a patch before, I will try to figure it out over the weekend and get back to you on how it works for our exact scenario.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Sofoklis

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:10 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> The following simplified example used to work on previous versions, but not
> on 10.15, we tested it again on version 10.11 and it works.

Hmph.  Apparently I was too careless about the order of execution of
the sub-commands created by a LIKE clause.

I pushed this patch:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=513db7b7004c8d1fa15dea4747a32cbc8f9621ef

which takes care of the particular case you show, but now I wonder
if there are other issues lurking nearby.  If you're in a position
to test this and see if it fixes your real application, please do.

Thanks for the report!

Sofoklis