Re: "Strong sides of MySQL" talk from PgDay16Russia, translated

От Nikolay Samokhvalov
Тема Re: "Strong sides of MySQL" talk from PgDay16Russia, translated
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 4:39 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
Great translation.

BTW, is there any opposite information, i.e. showing the limitation of
MySQL comparing with PostgreSQL? I'm not familiar with MySQL, but
occasionally hearing surprising (as a PostgreSQL user) limitation of
MySQL and wondering if there's any summary of the info.

Sorry cannot help with that :-) I stopped using MySQL in 2005, when discovered that we speak different languages (I learned standard ISO/ANSI SQL in university, and then easily communicated with Oracle, SQL Server, but failed to do so with MySQL; that's why I switched to Postgres).

During last years, all the focus of "let's compare Postres to ..." activity was switched from MySQL to MongoDB and Oracle.
Maybe it's time to refresh the data -- for those who works with both Postgres and MySQL.