Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 abd CentOS 7 memory usage

От Elías David
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 abd CentOS 7 memory usage
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Right now that value is:

6288536 cached Mem

I'm thinking the same about that the sum of the databases isn't enough to use all the memory, but I want to be sure

On Oct 13, 2014 2:15 PM, "Jan Lentfer" <Jan.Lentfer@web.de> wrote:

Am 13.10.2014 um 20:12 schrieb Elías David:

>> What's the on-disk size of your databases and can you estimate the actual working set? How long is this system up and being queried?
>> I have seen similar when upgrading from 8.4 to 9.3 on Solaris 10, Postgres running in zones. I could not yet investigate further and performance is perfect still.

Ok, here it goes:

ccs1cl --> 41 MB
db_otrs_ub --> 14 MB
elmap --> 207 MB
elmap_int --> 182 MB
invent_equi --> 532 MB
invent_equi_fc --> 114 MB
jasper --> 13 MB
netasis --> 23 MB
otrs --> 361 MB
patint --> 615 MB
seg_alt --> 75 MB
seg_alt_par --> 75 MB

The average of transactions are around 85 per second and several of the databases (jasper, patint, elmap...) are accessed everyday, 365 days a year (it's part of an offering from the company that runs the services every single day of the year). Right now the system has been up for 17 days.

So, that sums up to 2,2GB of databases (is that the right unit? MB?) ... so even IF all of the data was read and stored in buffers that would not cause a significant amount of memory used data on a 128GB machine, When you look at "top" output, what the value for "cached" (5th line on the very right)?