Optimizing Database High CPU

От Scottix
Тема Optimizing Database High CPU
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi we are running a Postgresql Database 9.4.18 and we are noticing a
high CPU usage. Nothing is critical at the moment but if we were to
scale up more of what we are doing, I feel we are going to run into
issues.

It is a 2 x 6 core machine, 128GB ram, Raid 10 HDD

The iostat metrics for the HDD look minimal < 10% util
Available memory seems to be good.

The CPU utilization is what bothering me
user  5-7%
sys    50-70% - seems high
wa    <0.5%

So trying to troubleshoot possible high cpu:
Number of concurrent connections averages 50 to 100 - seems high
although we max at 200.
No long running queries
Streaming replication to backup server
High update tables - we have about 4 tables that have a high volume of updates

High update rate is what I am thinking is causing the issue and I
found possibly setting fillfactor to a lower default which the
internet says you need to do a vacuum full which I am trying to avoid
but if it needs to be done we can schedule it. Just want to make sure
if I am chasing the correct rabbit hole.

Are there any statistics I could run to see if a setting change would help.

Best,
Scott

--
T: @Thaumion