Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly

От Gabriel Sánchez
Тема Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
16,2016 at 11:06 AM, johannes graën <<a href="mailto:johannes@selfnet.de">johannes@selfnet.de</a>> wrote:<br />
href="mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org">dpage@pgadmin.org</a>>wrote:<br /> >> > Where did your build come from?
href="https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/pgadmin3/">https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/pgadmin3/</a><br
/>><br /> ><br /> > Huh, they have some weird dependencies listed there, that should not be needed. That's not
href="http://2.8.12.1">2.8.12.1</a>:<br/> >> <a
href="https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/wxgtk2.8/">https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/wxgtk2.8/</a><br
/>><br /> ><br /> > That should be OK (some distros have started using wxWidgets 3, which we don't fully
support).<br/> ><br /> > I've done some more testing on CentOS 6, and cannot reproduce a problem there either.
I'mbeginning to wonder if it's something more distro-specific, perhaps related to the version of GTK in use, or the
windowmanager. That makes it *far* more difficult to track down unfortunately.<br /> ><br /> > Are you in a
positionto be able to install the EDB PostgreSQL installer? I'm curious to know if the build of pgAdmin that's included
withthat works OK. It was built against a fairly old version of GTK for maximum compatibility with different
distros.<br/> ><br /> > <a
href="http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload">http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload</a><br
/>><br /> ><p dir="ltr">I have the problem in Kububtu with the version downloaded from edb. As far as I can tell,
pgAdminis not copying text when I hit copy either by keyboard, shortcut, or menu. I checked my clipboard manager last
timethis happened and the text was not there. Again, it doesn't happen always, but it persists in a pgAdmin window once
itbegins to happen, and the copy does happen eventually. Other laggy behavior showing up when this happens (such as
takinga full second to respond to a key press, and not registering all key presses when this happens and I nevertheless
typefast) suggests to me that the problem is very slow cursor movement or text processing. <p dir="ltr">I have been
tryingto notice a pattern of what triggers it, but have not seen any. It does happen often on windows with long queries
andafter several copy paste ops within the window or between pgAdmin windows. But not always. However I use many other
programsand only see this bug with pgAdmin. <p dir="ltr">Just want to add my thanks for this project, Dave. Great
PostgreSQLCompany<br />