Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly

От Gabriel E. Sánchez Martínez
Тема Re: Copy & paste key commands not working correctly
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
cite="mid:CANHuRqFhj7PiUfiXnU_DE8eDT5mws6QzitbR9Cfb3OhRZ6aMfA@mail.gmail.com"type="cite"><p dir="ltr"><br /> On Feb 16,
20167:04 AM, "Dave Page" <<a href="mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org" moz-do-not-send="true"><a
moz-do-not-send="true"><aclass="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
2016at 12:00 PM, Dave Page <<a href="mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org" moz-do-not-send="true"><a
officialArch package:<br /> >> <a href="https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/pgadmin3/"
>Huh, they have some weird dependencies listed there, that should not be needed. That's not a problem though.<br />
moz-do-not-send="true">2.8.12.1</a>:<br/> >> <a href="https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/wxgtk2.8/"
Thatshould be OK (some distros have started using wxWidgets 3, which we don't fully support).<br /> ><br /> >
I'vedone some more testing on CentOS 6, and cannot reproduce a problem there either. I'm beginning to wonder if it's
somethingmore distro-specific, perhaps related to the version of GTK in use, or the window manager. That makes it *far*
moredifficult to track down unfortunately.<br /> ><br /> > Are you in a position to be able to install the EDB
PostgreSQLinstaller? I'm curious to know if the build of pgAdmin that's included with that works OK. It was built
againsta fairly old version of GTK for maximum compatibility with different distros.<br /> ><br /> > <a
href="http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload"
dir="ltr">Ihave the problem in Kububtu with the version downloaded from edb. As far as I can tell, pgAdmin is not
copyingtext when I hit copy either by keyboard, shortcut, or menu. I checked my clipboard manager last time this
happenedand the text was not there. Again, it doesn't happen always, but it persists in a pgAdmin window once it begins
tohappen, and the copy does happen eventually. Other laggy behavior showing up when this happens (such as taking a full
secondto respond to a key press, and not registering all key presses when this happens and I nevertheless type fast)
suggeststo me that the problem is very slow cursor movement or text processing. <p dir="ltr">I have been trying to
noticea pattern of what triggers it, but have not seen any. It does happen often on windows with long queries and after
severalcopy paste ops within the window or between pgAdmin windows. But not always. However I use many other programs
andonly see this bug with pgAdmin. <p dir="ltr">Just want to add my thanks for this project, Dave. Great program, and
I'mlooking forward to v4!  </blockquote><br /> Following up, I upgraded from 1.20 to 1.22.1 from a fresh EDB download.
Iopened a query window, copied in some text, and began copy-pasting and typing randomly, and was able to reproduce the
bugwithin a minute.  I recorded video, which you can get here:<br /><br /><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.filedropper.com/screencast2016-02-16100737">http://www.filedropper.com/screencast2016-02-16100737</a><br
/><br/> You can see that I am selecting text.  Following every selection, I quickly do a copy, and then I move the
cursorsomewhere and do a paste.  I also type random keys.  Everything works as expected until about 0:34, when I try to
pasteand it doesn't.  Then I type quickly "asdfjkl;" many times, and you can see only a few of those keys are typed,
andthe response is laggy.  I try pasting several times again in the lines below, but it still doesn't work (0:40).  I
typeagain, and response seems to be a bit better.  I try paste again and this time it works (0:46).  While on this
videoit seems to have recovered, my experience has been that it doesn't.  It's especially annoying when you have a
sessionwith temporary tables that take a long time to prepare, because it costs time to start a new session and re-make

От: "Crain, Andrew"
Сообщение: Re: PgAdmin III 1.22 crashes, bug riport
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: PgAdmin III 1.22 crashes, bug riport