Re: Setting up High Availability Group of PostgreSQL instances using RedHat Cluster Suite

От Terry Khatri
Тема Re: Setting up High Availability Group of PostgreSQL instances using RedHat Cluster Suite
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey Devrim

Thanks for your reply, I did some googling since my last post and finally configured the pg cluster with RedHat the way I wanted it works so well and we amazed, the link that you sent to your guide helped a lot too.

Again thank you very much for your assistance.
Regards
Terry

On 25 December 2012 21:00, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 03:25 +0500, Terry Khatri wrote:

> I am having an issue with postgres service on redhat cluster suite
> (Rehl6), the service gets started on 2 nodes out of 3, is that the
> right behaviour ?

Depends.

>  I would like it to be restricted to 1 node at a time becuase I am
> also doing  replication and when the service gets started on 2 nodes
> the slaves get stuck as the masters on both nodes generate their own
> wall segments.in the same folder on shared san disk on GFS2

This is a bit strange. If they are using the same $PGDATA, how can they
start at the same time?

I'd start with setting ordered=1 and restricted=0 in cluster.conf. Also
make sure that you have disabled both postgresql init scripts to start
on boot.

Let me know if these don't help.

Regards,
--