Re: BUG #8493: Changing file permissions on all files during install

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Re: BUG #8493: Changing file permissions on all files during install
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi

Installer does not change the permissions on all files.. it just changes
the permissions on the folders mentioned in the data directory path (except
C:\ and C:\Program Files).. It may be because of the inheritance that
icacls just scans through all the files..

Anyways, in 9.3.1, by default the installer will just try to grant
permissions on the data directory and not the whole path.. If someone wants
to enable that check on the complete path, he can do that via command line
switch "--enable_aclcheck 1"

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:58 PM, <m8000@abc.se> wrote:

> Bug reference:      8493
> Logged by:          Ronny
> Email address:      m8000@abc.se
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.0
> Operating system:   Win 7
>
> Hi
>

> Postgresql install is running this command during install:
> icacls  E:\ /grant "NT AUTHORITY\NetworkService":(NP)(RX)
>

> The installation took over 1 hour.
> I install postgresql on C: and the database in E:\database
>

> Regards,
> Ronny
>

> --

Sandeep Thakkar
Senior Software Engineer

Phone: +91.20.30589505

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

Сообщение: Re: Installing/Upgrading PostgreSQL 9.1.6 to 9.3 knownbugs?