Re: Installing/Upgrading PostgreSQL 9.1.6 to 9.3 knownbugs?

От
Тема Re: Installing/Upgrading PostgreSQL 9.1.6 to 9.3 knownbugs?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce, Proposed Steps. Do they look feasible?

1.) pg_dump -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -Fc -b -v -f "/somepath/testdb.backup" testdb
2.) CREATE DATABASE newdb TEMPLATE=template_postgis;
3.) perl ../postgis-postgres/postgis-2.1.1/utils/postgis_restore.pl "/somepath/testdb.backup" | psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres newdb 2> errors.txt  <- this step may run 5-6 days, since our backup runs that long, right?
4.) At this point we will have two 6.1TB databases, so it looks like a prerequisite is to have available double the db size in disk space, right?
5.) then if no critical errors, there will be errors since we have our testdb schema in the public folder
  5a.) ALTER DATABASE testdb RENAME TO olddb;
  5b.) ALTER DATABASE newdb RENAME TO testdb;
6.) At this point hopefully we should be upgraded from postgis 1.5.3 to postgis 2.1.1, with PostgreSQL 9.1.6
7.) then can we just use pg_upgrade with the hard links option, instead of copying files to the new cluster option to upgrade to PostgreSQL 9.3?