Patch for pgAdmin4 RPM package

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Patch for pgAdmin4 RPM package
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi Team, Dave,

Attached herewith are two patches.

pgadmin4-rpm.patch - This is the main patch that includes scripts, makefiles and spec to create RPMs for RHEL6/RHEL7/F-22/F-23/F-24.

It will create two RPMs i.e pgadmin4 and pgadmin4-web. The  pgadmin4 tpm depends on web and the web rpm depends on the python packages. I have commented the list of packages which are not available on some systems so that Devrim can build them.

The installation path for pgadmin4 is "/usr/pgadmin4-<major>.<minor>" and pgadmin4-web is the site-packages/pgadmin4-web

pgadmin4-server-ini.patch - This is the patch for runtime/Server.cpp. As said pgadmin4-web and runtime installation directories are different and that means web does not exists in parallel to runtime like in sources.

I observed that the location of application settings was not defined in Server.cpp. As per QSettings doc, the default location on Unix is the $HOME/.config/<companyname>/<appname>.conf. Here, $HOME depends on the user that runs the application. So, I thought why not to define the application settings in application directory itself. RPM then knows where to define the ApplicationPath. I tested it and it worked fine with me. I haven't done this change for platform dependent.

Another change that I did in this file is that, I observed that canonicalPath() was not giving the absolute path (by removing the sym link and the redundant ".." as per doc). Hence, I used absolutePath() for the paths[i] that are relative (../web, etc) and not for the already absolute path (ex. ApplicationPath like /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pgadmin4-web).

Well, I'm not a developer and the patch is just an attempt to resolve the issue related to packaging. Please feel free to change it as required for better.

Thanks.

--

Sandeep Thakkar
Lead Software Engineer

Phone: +91.20.30589505

Website: www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB Blog: http://blogs.enterprisedb.com/
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/enterprisedb

This e-mail message (and any attachment) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This message contains information from EnterpriseDB Corporation that may be privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive this for the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, retention, archiving, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Вложения