Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)

От Sandeep Thakkar
Тема Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)
Дата
Re: Compilation of timezone source with zic fails (on mountpoint)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

During building of the ongoing PG updates (9.6.1, 9.5.5 to 9.1.24), we
found that the build failed for Linux on 9.3 and 9.2 with the following
error:
--
/bin/mkdir -p '/mnt/hgfs/pginstaller-repo/server/staging/linux/share/
postgresql'
./zic -d '/mnt/hgfs/pginstaller-repo/server/staging/linux/share/postgresql/timezone'
-p 'US/Eastern' ./data/africa ./data/antarctica ./data/asia
./data/australasia ./data/europe ./data/northamerica ./data/southamerica
./data/pacificnew ./data/etcetera ./data/factory ./data/backward
./data/systemv
warning: "./data/africa", line 159: symbolic link used because hard link
failed: Operation not permitted
warning: "./data/africa", line 160: symbolic link used because hard link
failed: Operation not permitted
warning: "./data/backward", line 125: symbolic link used because hard link
failed: Operation not permitted
.*/zic: link from
/mnt/hgfs/pginstaller-repo/**server/staging/linux/share/postgresql/timezone/US/Eastern
failed: Operation not permitted*
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
--

On investigating, we found that it was because of the few commits in the
new updates related to zic.c which tries to create hard links. These hard

On other build farm where we don't have VMs installed on Fusion, this error
is not seen.

Sandeep Thakkar